Stormwater Business Development Engineer - North Island
- Define your environmental purpose
- Contribute to a clean New Zealand water
- Incredibly dynamic sector
Founded in 1973, Hynds is New Zealand's premier product supplier for the management of waste water and water-based waste in the civil and rural infrastructure markets. Hynds remains proudly family owned and has built its reputation on customer service and innovation.
We are proud to be working in collaboration with councils and consultants around New Zealand to ensure New Zealand's business and community groups have well developed solutions for treating stormwater. We are currently working with a group of New Zealand councils and consultants operating a national innovation focus group to implement technology into our stormwater network to help manage our most important asset, water.
Stormwater solutions is a dynamic sector within our business and with innovation development will continue to grow quickly.
You will buy into our team strategy of being New Zealand's most effective stormwater treatment provider. You will be a Business Development Engineer / Manager who genuinely wants to impact New Zealand waterways by selling engineered stormwater solutions.
This is an influential position where you will be working with consultants throughout the North Island to develop solutions around our existing range of stormwater treatment products.
Stormwater and environmental construction networking will be key to your success and actively encouraged. You will be managing the North Island region providing technical support to 12 of the 32 strong branch networks. This is an incredibly autonomous role where a very driven self-starter will succeed.
The position is based in East Tamaki with approximately fifty per cent of your time spent out on the road engaging with customers.
What you will bring to Hynds:
- 5+ years' experience working with consultants in the construction industry
- (You may be an engineer who needs to scratch that itch by getting out of the office and start contributing to the longevity of New Zealand's waterways)
- (You may have environmental sciences experience and want to combine the science with the solution in a full life cycle sell.)
- Engineering or Environmental Science Tertiary Qualification
- CAD ability and experience is beneficial but not essential
- You will a have proven sales record with demonstrated drive and resilience to succeed
- Great communication and persuasion skills, both written and verbal
- Passionate about the environment and water.
Why join Hynds:
- Competitive salary
- Southern Cross medical cover (after 6 months)
- Company Vehicle
- A Values focused and supportive culture
- You will be working to create a better environment for New Zealand's future through quality infrastructure.
Who we are:
Founded in 1973, Hynds is New Zealand's premier product supplier for the management of water and water-based waste in the civil and rural infrastructure markets. Hynds remains proudly family-owned and has built its reputation on customer service and innovation.
We are committed as a team to helping our customers succeed and believe in the Hynds Values to guide the way. Hynds is a place where people matter, where we do what's right and where we connect with our customers.
Hynds are committed to high levels of health and safety for our team. Therefore, all candidates will be expected to pass a pre-employment alcohol and drug screen test, along with satisfactorily passing a medical and criminal history check. Applicants will be expected to provide evidence of legal eligibility to work in NZ. Hynds supports the Government vaccination programme to help protect us all against Covid-19. Applicants will be expected to provide evidence of Covid-19 vaccination as part of our recruitment process.
Applications close: 10 Feb 2022